Monday, April 11, 2011

Soaring Ahead

In the beginning of 2010 I decided to ask God to teach me how to 100% surrender. He is faithful and in answer to that prayer it has been an amazing, yet challenging journey (and ongoing). I do a word as my theme for each year and for 2011 my word is Soar!. As I explored and prayed on where and what is to be next, I came to realize that no matter where I am I want to be used by God to set people FREE. Freedom comes in many different forms and my desire is to see people experience it all. As I Soar this year reveling in my Freedom I hope you will join me.

As for where I am headed; I have accepted a job in Nagoya, Japan. The plan is to move there and teach for at least a year. This blog will mostly be to follow that journey... preparing, arriving, living, loving, and bringing freedom to that great nation. I have no idea how it is going to look.. exciting or dull, big or small, natural or supernatural... all I know is the I am trying to follow the Holy Spirit and that means anything can happen! So, all things are possible for God (Luke 1:37) and I trust He will allow me to be a freedom bringer and I leave the details in His hands.

In preparation:
-I am trying to save money. I have some things I need to buy (plane ticket included) and should have some cash with me to get started. Once I am there I will be paid so no long term fundraising needed.
-I am getting in better shape :)
-I am trying to build a community to be sent from and be held accountable to.
-Want to start learning the language.
-Striving to continue surrendering and going deeper with God.

I welcome your prayers and support. Thank you for joining me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment